Turning an external amplifier on or off when audio is played

Amr Bekhit amr at helmpcb.com
Sun Feb 28 20:22:56 CET 2021

Hello,

I'm working with an embedded system that uses the SGTL5000 to play audio.
We have an amplifier connected to the DAC output, which we can turn off
using a GPIO pin. I'd like to automatically enable the amplifier before
playing a sound and disable it after playback has completed. Are there any
hooks that would allow me to do that in userspace? If not, is there
something in kernel-space that would allow me to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Amr