[RFC 2/2] ASoC: rt5670: Add LED trigger support

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Feb 24 10:49:41 CET 2021

Dne 24. 02. 21 v 10:38 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):

>> It seems that you misunderstood the number of issues which my code is trying
>> to resolve:
>>
>> 1) set LED based on state from multiple cards (so you cannot trigger LED
>> inside single driver / single control element); we need one arbiter; this is
>> the main argument
>> 2) unifies the audio LED interface
>> 3) reduce the hardware driver code
>
> Those purposes are all fine.  But they don't need to be exposed for
> user controls that can be abused.  That's the very concern.

So, how to handle this feature for AMD ACP without PA / PipeWire modifications?

And if we add an user space channel to the audio LED arbiter code, how it
differs from my proposed control API extension? We have already locking
mechanism for the user control element to one task, so it's possible to create
safe user space implementation (depending on the standard task priviledges) on
demand even with my proposal.

Could you elaborate the abuse you mean? Three bits?

						Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>