Audio output not working at all on Fedora all in alsa 1.2.6

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Sat Dec 11 02:37:08 CET 2021

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #202 was opened from sstraightea:

After upgrading to the newest version of alsa GNOME shows me I do not have any audio input device.
The microphone seems to still be working for me.
Downgrading solves the problem.
I have been able to reproduce this problem on two different machines. Just install the newest Fedora and do a normal update.

My system:
Fedora 35
GNOME 41.2

>From dnf info alsa-lib:
```
Name         : alsa-lib
Version      : 1.2.6
Release      : 1.fc35
Architecture : x86_64
Size         : 1.4 M
Source       : alsa-lib-1.2.6-1.fc35.src.rpm
Repository   : @System
>From repo    : updates
```

If you need any log files, configs, output of some command I am happy to provide that, but I am not sure what information you need.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/202
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib