Feature request: ACPI NHLT generation for topology2

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Tue Dec 7 22:40:08 CET 2021

alsa-project/alsa-utils issue #124 was opened from juimonen:

I'd like to add ACPI NHLT generation into topology2 parsing.

Why: In certain future sof firmware versions this is needed for DAI configuration
Why to alsa-utils: adding it to kernel driver was internally rejected, also I can't link to topology2 parsing outside alsa-utils

Good thing: if you ever wondered how acpi nhlt blobs are created and what they contain in intel platforms -> this code is doing it.

Bad things:  I can think many, but I'm trying to do this with least harm to every party (kernel driver, firmware)

Example of the code can be found here: https://github.com/thesofproject/alsa-utils/pull/4

So mainly asking for comments/suggestions from @perexg

@lrgirdwo @ranj063 FYI.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/issues/124