on-board sound on ASUS TRX-40

Dan Aloni dan at kernelim.com
Thu Oct 22 17:49:59 CEST 2020

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 02:57:56PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > > Well, then I'm afraid that it has yet another mapping of the units.
> > > You'd need to create the whole map from the topology, and rewrite the
> > > connector_map as well.
> >
> > Would be helpful a USB trace from KVM, when running a Windows VM that
> > successfully manages this device following USB redirection? I can
> > produce this given instructions, if you have them handy.
>
> The topology is found in lsusb -v output.  It's the connection among
> units.  More importantly, the maps only care about the certain units
> like input/output terminals and feature unit.  You can look at those
> and correct the corresponding unit ids.

It shows 6 triplelets of input terminal, feature unit, and output terminal,
and they are structured like this:

    IT[7]  -> FU[19] -> OT[13]
    Line-in             USB Streaming

    IT[8]  -> FU[20] -> OT[14]
    Rear Mic-In         USB Streaming

    IT[9]  -> FU[21] -> OT[15]
    Desktop Mic         USB Streaming

    IT[10] -> FU[22] -> OT[16]
    Headphone           Speaker

    IT[11] -> FU[23] -> OT[17]
    USB Streaming       Headphone

    IT[12] -> FU[24] -> OT[18]
    USB Streaming       SPDIF interface

Not sure how to make sense of that to a usbmix_name_map array and/or
usbmix_connector_map array combination that works. My trials so far
have not yielded a good result.

--
Dan Aloni