[GIT PULL] ASoC updates for v5.10

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 21 11:26:22 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Another week and this is ignored. At least, I cannot find this simple patch
> set in your for-5.10 tree. I don't care about the cosmetic code fixes, but the
> last warning suppression can reduce the maintainer / user confusions ("ASoC:
> SOF: loader: handle all SOF_IPC_EXT types").

maybe bundling the warning suppression to the same patchset was not the
best of ideas. Jaroslav is correct the warnings can unfortunately create
real confusion as this is on a code path we run on every rt-resume, and if
you happen to have a system with FW that has some custom IPC types, you'll
get this warning constantly in dmesg.

We did a cleanup of SOF dmesg noise in 5.8, but unfortunately this one
slipped through.

Br, Kai