How to make ALSA relocatable in the filesystem?

GitHub issues - edited github at alsa-project.org
Sat Mar 7 15:46:18 CET 2020

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #34 was edited from probonopd:

We want to bundle a private copy of ALSA with our application, so that the ALSA from the Linux distribution is not used at all. Yet it seems ALSA is relying on some absolute paths compiled in with no clear way to pass in a different location for ALSA at runtime.

How to do this?

Use case:
As an application developer, I want to ship my application together with all dependencies. This bundle is using musl libc, ships its own musl libc and runtime, and it is intended to also run on glibc-based systems.

Reference:
https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/3959#issuecomment-596095335

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/34
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib