USB interface: Mixer controls out-of-sync?

Tanjeff Moos tanjeff at cccmz.de
Mon Jul 27 21:14:16 CEST 2020

Hi all,

after connecting my USB interface (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1st Gen), the
alsa control element values reported by libalsa are not in sync with the
hardware.

For example, the "Master 1 (Monitor)" control is shown as muted, but a
signal can be heard. Unmuting changes nothing, and muting again disables
the signal. In practice I often have to go through many controls and
alter them a little to synchronize alsamixer with the actual hardware
settings.

Is this a known behavior?

Kind regards, Tanjeff