[alsa-devel] No sound with Realtek ALC298 on a Samsung Galaxy book

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.com
Wed Feb 19 10:05:36 CET 2020

Hi,

> Aha, so the input works but only the output doesn't?
> Then it's not about the basic stuff like pin configuration but rather
> the missing COEF setup or such that is specific to Realtek codec
> (and/or the Samsung platform).
>
> Kailang, do you have any clue?

While waiting for Kailang's answer (and I hope he'll get the solution!!),
isn't it possible to grab information from Windows? I'm sorry I don't know
very well how Realtek chip works but if the problem would comes from some
registers which are not well initialized isn't it possible to dump the state
of the realtek chip and its registers under Windows and compare it with the
one under Linux?
Because I'm not sure that revers engineer the Windows driver would really
easily lead to the solution.

Thank you again for your help.

Aurélien