Steinberg UR22 Crackling and Clicks

meschi at posteo.de meschi at posteo.de
Tue Dec 8 15:00:19 CET 2020

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Steinberg UR22 Crackling and Clicks
Datum: 08.12.2020 14:58
Von: meschi at posteo.de
An: Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>

> It's likely the issues with the implicit feedback.
>
> The latest development tree (either linux-next tree or
> topic/usb-audio-refactoring branch of my sound.git tree) contains the
> improvements of the implicit feedback mode.
>

> Takashi

I've compiled a kernel from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
uname -a is "Linux meschi-Precision-WorkStation-T5500
5.10.0-rc7-next-20201208 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 8 12:28:39 CET 2020
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
The problem is still there. Is it possible to fallback to explicit
feedback mode for the device from user space?
I'd like to learn more about these feedback modes, is there a place
where this is explained?
I'm curious how this device is working on another machine. I'm not quite
proficient with the alsa kernel subsystem to debug this myself,
but I would be happy to test patches and learn along the way if somebody
is interested in debugging this.