Asoc: Intel: SST (CHT) regression in asoc/for-5.11

Ranjani Sridharan ranjani.sridharan at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 2 00:52:00 CET 2020

> > Hi Pierre/Takashi,
> >
> > The DAPM_STREAM_START event is still there in soc_pcm_prepare() and
> > this patch only removed the duplicate call in
> > dpcm_fe_dai_prepare().
>
> Ah, thanks, I see now.
>
> But note that the PCM prepare callback may be called multiple times
> in
> row; i.e. it's not always paired with hw_clean (that is via either
> hw_params error path or hw_free).  So if the balance really matters,
> we need another type of checks, not relying on the call pattern.

Hi Takashi,

It seems like it is indeed a problem with prepare not being paired with
hw_free. Adding the stream_stop() event back to dpcm_fe_dai_shutdown()
as it was before seems to resolve the issue. I am running further tests
to confirm it doesnt have adverse effects on SOF. Will post the patch
shortly.

Thanks,
Ranjani