More Generic Audio Graph Sound Card idea

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Thu Aug 27 03:36:54 CEST 2020

Hi Sameer

> >          static audio_graph_hooks hooks = {
> >                  .parse_of_hook_pre  = xxx,
> > =>              .parse_of_hook_post = sameer_parse_of_post,
>
> We may end up re-parsing the whole stuff under 'hook_post' (which
> appears redundant) because I am forcing DPCM and would like
> func_dpcm() to execute for all links. If I could set a flag under
> 'hooks' and if 'audio-graph-card' can use it to force DPCM, it would
> appear to be a better choice.

Asking how to judge link to driver is maybe nice idea.

I didn't mentioned in order not to not diverge,
but I'm also thinking that some overwrite function itself
as you mentioned.

	if (priv->hooks->func_pre)
		priv->hooks->func_pre(...);

	if (priv->hooks->func)
		priv->hooks->func(...);	/* driver's function */
	else
		graph_func(...);	/* audio-graph function */

	if (priv->hooks->func_post)
		priv->hooks->func_post(...);

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards