More Generic Audio Graph Sound Card idea

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Mon Aug 24 02:25:47 CEST 2020

Hi Mark
Cc Sameer

> Having an audio-graph-card2 isn't ideal but may be required at least
> during development :/  Ideally we'd be able to have the new driver parse
> both binding formats (or rather, have the new binding format be new use
> cases for the same binding format) and only use -card2 while it's in
> development.

If you want to update current audio-graph-card without creating new
audio-graph-card2, I'm OK about it. But need adjusting / agreement.

Current audio-graph-card "DSP" user is only me, and I'm using it only locally.
Thus upstream doesn't get damage if I removed "audio-graph-scu-card"
(= DSP use case) support.

OTOH, Sameer is posting patch for "-cc-" support. If it was accepted
and he used it on upstream (= on tegra),
keeping compatibility will be very difficult and/or code will be very confusable.

If Sameer can OK and wait new audio-graph-card, maybe we have no compatibility issue.
But in such case, 1st version of new audio-graph-card might be not enough for him.
Sameer need to waiting / testing / adjusting / etc, etc...

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto