How to send in patches?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Aug 15 19:24:47 CEST 2020

On Fri, 2020-08-14 at 09:57 +0200, Tanjeff Moos wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to send in my first patch for alsa-lib. Is it okay if I simply
> send it to this list? Or is there a process how to do this?

Yes, you can send alsa-lib patches to this list. I believe you should
add Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> and/or Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz
> to Cc to make sure your patch is not missed. (I think this should be
documented somewhere, I'll make a patch for README.md.)

A pull request on GitHub is also a valid way to submit alsa-lib
patches, but at least Takashi prefers the mailing list.

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk