High-bandwidth/multiple transactions per microframe in usb audio?

Pavel Hofman pavel.hofman at ivitera.com
Sun Apr 26 10:55:32 CEST 2020

Dne 25. 04. 20 v 21:50 Alexander Tsoy napsal(a):
> В Сб, 25/04/2020 в 20:06 +0200, Pavel Hofman пишет:
>
> And I just noticed that USB-audio driver can't properly parse max
> packet size for SuperSpeed and SuperSpeed+ devices yet. See
> audio_format_alloc_init().

Very good catch. IIUC there are two basically equivalent calculations
for HighSpeed -

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.6.7/source/drivers/usb/core/urb.c#L445

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.6.7/source/sound/usb/stream.c#L691

And audio_format_alloc_init missing the sections for SS, SS+ in
usb_submit_urb . Perhpas a common method to make the calculation for all
cases would make it more robust?

Thanks,

Pavel.