next/master bisection: baseline.dmesg.alert on meson-sm1-sei610

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Apr 17 15:52:34 CEST 2020

>>>    Start:      a3ca59b9af21e Add linux-next specific files for 20200416
>>>    Plain log:  https://storage.kernelci.org//next/master/next-20200416/arm64/defconfig+CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE=y/gcc-8/lab-baylibre/baseline-meson-sm1-sei610.txt
>>>    HTML log:   https://storage.kernelci.org//next/master/next-20200416/arm64/defconfig+CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE=y/gcc-8/lab-baylibre/baseline-meson-sm1-sei610.html
>>>    Result:     9b5db059366ae ASoC: soc-pcm: dpcm: Only allow playback/capture if supported
>>
>> This change to check the playback and capture constraints is also
>> causing issues on at least Meson - I'm a bit worried that this is also
>> causing oopses here, not just audio problems so copying in Morimoto-san
>> too.  We should fix the things that are broken by this change since it's
>> a thing we should be able to rely on and do enforce for non-DPCm links
>> but I'm wondering if we should revert for 5.7 and reapply for 5.8.
>>
>> Including complete report so people have it.
>>

> I have the device with me. I'll check an report back

The fix for Intel Baytrail/Broadwell platforms was to add a
.min_channels field for all DAIs:

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/pull/2018/commits/4fa10638dca8aad7a320e85cc3e00b179b8de410

I think this new check is a good one, but by setting the bar higher it
will break any platform which didn't initialize these fields, so we are
likely to see such reports trickle one after the other.