[alsa-devel] [External] Re: alsa-lib: Add ucm support for whiskeylake sof-skl_hda_card audio

Jaska Uimonen jaska.uimonen at linux.intel.com
Fri Sep 27 16:00:32 CEST 2019

On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 12:57 +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Dne 27. 09. 19 v 12:07 Jaska Uimonen napsal(a):

> > > I did some cleanups here:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/commit/f796f0852a09
> > > 7e23
> > > 8fa9f5efb174e95b5ee6c8b7
> > >
> > > Pierre, could you confirm the original source and are you ok with
> > > that?
> >
> > Cleanup looks fine to me, we should add still UCM "PlaybackVolume"
> > and
> > "CaptureVolume" settings, because otherwise Pulseaudio will use SW
> > volume only. This will make for example HDA led quirks useless...
> > (and actually CaptureVolume and PlaybackVolume in pulseaudio ucm
> > support is still not integrated, hopefully soon). Defining Capture
> > and
> > PlaybackVolume should not do any harm currently for user space.
> >
> > I can do that, Jaroslav you want PR against github or patches here
> > to mailing list?
>
> As you wish. Both ways are acceptable for me. Note that I did another
> cleanup
> for 'Bass Speaker' for Carbon X1 7th and merged 'import' branch to
> 'master'
> branch on github (so do the PR against master, if you like).
>
> 				Thanks,
> 					Jaroslav

I made now:
https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/1
and
https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/2

It would be good if Lenovo and Canonical folks also check these.

I'm testing this in Dell device with Ubuntu and twiddling outputs
and volumes/mutes from UI. PR 2 is assuming Pulseaudio HW control,
so not sure if the changes bad without it.

br,
Jaska