[alsa-devel] About soc_check_tplg_fes

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 25 16:49:28 CEST 2019

On 9/25/19 8:25 AM, Daniel Baluta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In function soc_check_tplg_fes (sound/soc/soc-core.c)
> there is this code:
>
>      for_each_card_prelinks(card, i, dai_link) {
>
>          /* ignore this FE */
>          if (dai_link->dynamic) {
>              dai_link->ignore = true;
>              continue;
>          }
>          dev_info(card->dev, "info: override FE DAI link %s\n",
>              card->dai_link[i].name);
>
> So, we ignore any FE DAI link but then the info message says the contrary.
>
> Any idea?

Yes, there a couple of such BE/FE inversions in comments, likely
copy/paste and typos. I just saw some earlier this week in the trigger
error messages, e.g.

	err = dpcm_be_dai_trigger(fe, stream, SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP);
	if (err < 0)
		dev_err(fe->dev,"ASoC: trigger FE failed %d\n", err);

We should really look for all comments with 'FE' or 'BE' and clean this up.