[alsa-devel] parameter for pulse device?

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Tue Sep 10 19:33:45 CEST 2019

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 07:52:24PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>It depends on how pcm.pulse is defined.  If it's defined to take an
>argument, it can work like that.  (Or sometimes you may need to pass
>the argument explicitly like "pulse:{device=mointor}".)
>
>The standard pcm.pulse definition provided in alsa-plugins repo
>doesn't take the argument, and that can be the reason.

Thank you Takashi. Would it be easy to change alsa-plugins so that it takes an argument? Is there a chance that this change would be accepted?

If you can point me to the section of code in e.g. "plughw" where argument parsing is done, then I would probably end up modifying alsa-plugins myself, just to simplify what I am doing.

Thanks,

Frederick