[alsa-devel] Boot procudure on HDA driver

Kailang kailang at realtek.com
Mon May 13 11:00:18 CEST 2019

Hi Takashi,

When System Boot up.
The Hda Driver running step was as below.

alc_init();
alc_shutup();
alc_init();

The depop procedure was put in spec->init_hook and spec->shutup.

But I find more codec which run spec->shutup at boot up. It will occur pop noise.
If it doesn't run spec->shutup, it will not occur pop noise or reduce pop noise.

How could the spec->shutup not run at boot up?

I ever test to put the check in spec->shutup() for PM_EVENT_SUSPEND and PM_EVENT_HIBERNATE and shutdown.
But if power_save=1, it was have issue for this.
Codec was idle already in power_save=1 state. If system go suspend, it will not run spec->shutup() again.

BR,
Kailang