[alsa-devel] How to treat old style platform components

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:55:31 CEST 2019

HI Morimoto-san,

I'm using simple-card with an out of tree PCM DMA driver which
basically just does this:

static struct snd_soc_component_driver imx_soc_platform = {
 .pcm_new»       = imx_pcm_new,
};

Then somewhere in the DAI driver we call:

devm_snd_soc_register_component(dev, &imx_soc_platform, NULL, 0);

I'm using simple-card with the following configuration:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8mm-evk.dts#n41

After latest changes it seems that imx_pcm_ops->open() function is no
longer called.

Any idea?

Please feel free to not waste any time on this, as we are using an out
of tree driver.

thanks,
Daniel.