[alsa-devel] hp_pin was NULL value

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jan 29 14:22:45 CET 2019

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:39:56 +0100,
Kailang wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> So I think put it under alc269 parser. Maybe it is the quickly method.
>
> 	err = alc269_parse_auto_config(codec);
> 	if (err < 0)
> 		goto error;
> +   .....
> +   .....

Not really...  The init sequence needs to be applied in two different
places: once in the init callback, and another in the resume callback
but only for the hibernation restore.

The patches below are applied on top of yours, and this should make
things working.

The first one lets the HD-audio core recording the currently processed
PM event, and the second one evaluates it and applies the missing init
sequence also for the hibernation resume.

This isn't quite sexy, but it has the minimal change in the codec
driver side.  If this requirement is more common, we can think of
splitting / reorganizing the codec callbacks to be more directly
called from the device pm ops.

thanks,

Takashi