[alsa-devel] Pioneer DDJ-SX3 usb audio quirks

ard ard at kwaak.net
Thu Jan 10 16:07:47 CET 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:58:35PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2019 16:58:48 +0100,
> ard wrote:
> >
> > Since this is a copy paste of the roland octo capture with fixes for the numbers I know, I am still wondering about this:
> > Should I use .ifnum=1 for every snd_usb_audio_quirk?
> > And in eacht audioformat should I use .iface = 0?
>
> Just put the value you take for .ifnum to .iface field.  They must be
> same.

Thanks! I figured as much. You know it's now on to the next
problem :-).

[   14.576174] usb 3-1.1.3: 0:1 : invalid sync pipe. is_playback 1, ep 86, bSynchAddress 00

The timing is done by implicit feedback. As in: there is no other
traffic than 5MB/s of 10 channels iso in and 12 channels iso out
for playing a single channel.

I assume I have to add a case to: set_sync_ep_implicit_fb_quirk
in sound/usb/pcm.c, as I fail to see a construction that automagically
connects a 12 channel output to a 10 channel input with the
USB_ENDPOINT_USAGE_IMPLICIT_FB flag added to the ep_attr field.

I will try just the flag added to the iso in endpoint for now.

Regards,
Ard van Breemen

--
.signature not found