[alsa-devel] ALSA 1.1.8 Release - POLLRDNORM undefined

Jay Foster jay at systech.com
Tue Jan 8 18:00:18 CET 2019

I am attempting to build the 1.1.8 release of alsa-utils and getting an
error about POLLRDNORM (and others) undefined.  This error comes from
axfer/waiter-select.c.  axfer/waiter-select.c includes "waiter.h", which
includes "poll.h".  This build is for a linux target.

poll.h includes sys/poll.h which includes bits/poll.h, which only
defines POLLRDNORM (and others) when __USE_XOPEN is defined (which it is
not).

However, linux/poll.h includes asm/poll.h which includes
asm-generic/poll.h which does define POLLRDNORM (and others).

Should I change my build to define__USE_XOPEN or should I patch waiter.h
to include linux/poll.h instead of just poll.h?

Jay