[alsa-devel] [Bug] [oxygen] Left/Right volumes de-sync when changed fast

Tom Yan tom.ty89 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:25:47 CET 2019

Hi all,

This is actually quite a long-time issue as far as I am aware of.

My card is Xonar Essence STX. There is no problem when I change the
volume in alsamixer. The problem occurs when I bind
XF86Audio{Raise,Lower}Volume (a volume wheel on my keyboard) to
amixer commands. Volumes of the two channel can easily de-sync from
each other as long as I roll the wheel (up or down) fast. The problem
doesn't occur if the commands target volume control of a onboard or
USB sound card (even while their control allows different volumes for
the two channels).

Regards,
Tom