[alsa-devel] Microphone detected, but no output for all ASUS G751xx with ALC668 chipset

Connor McAdams conmanx360 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:26:27 CEST 2018

One thing you could try, is using the program I used to reverse
engineer the Sound Blaster Z series of cards, QemuHDADump. If your
processor supports pci-passthrough with a virtual machine, you could
run a Windows virtual machine with the sound card in it and capture
the commands. I'd be willing to look through the dumps to see if there
are any special verbs or anything.

You can find the program here: https://github.com/Conmanx360/QemuHDADump

Let me know.