[alsa-devel] [USB-Audio - PX USB, playback] snd-usb-audio: probe of 2-3:1.0 failed with error -22 after kernel upgrade

Mutz Heuer mutz.heuer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:45:36 CET 2018

I checked the source code of quirks-table.h on branch 4.19-rc8. It still
contains the problematic workaround. It doesn't seem to fit any longer to
the headphones current firmware. Checking the 4.15.7 kernel (without the
quirk) works much better. At least the device is shown in the mixer and
fixing the samplerate to 48kHz leads to a useful configuration. To be
honest I do not really understand how to define a fixed table for supported
sample rate without fiddling with other parameters. The HID seems to
working too. At least I am able to use the headphone buttons to in/decrease
the volume and to stop and restart playback. The microphone is not shown -
but that does not seem to work on windows either - as far as I understand
the orginal patch to support the headphones.

With the qurik in place I get no really helpful error messages ...

I hope that helps to clarify the situation,

Mutz