[alsa-devel] Bug report - Dell-WD15-Dock not working caused by ucm profile in alsa-lib 1.1.7

René Santing rene.santing at wearespindle.com
Tue Oct 30 10:10:07 CET 2018

Hello Alsa developers,

I would like to file a bug report about the Dell-WD15-Dock. This dock
stopped working for me on archlinux/kde. The device was not picked up at
all by pulse audio after some updates I installed last week.
By trial and error I found out it was caused by the ucm profile that was
added in alsa-lib 1.1.7.
Running the following restored functionality.

 sudo mv /usr/share/alsa/ucm/Dell-WD15-Dock/Dell-WD15-Dock.conf
/usr/share/alsa/ucm/Dell-WD15-Dock/Dell-WD15-Dock.bak
 pulseaudio -k

I uploaded 3 alsa-info.sh profiles.

1.1.6
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=a9a4c53d1e417c3d2ef304fe0778581c35b7a95e
(working)
1.1.7
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=bb474a687692e25f5e54c475f16f7ce4ef210f7a
(not working)
1.1.7
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=586dd059aaa08e839eb9df5f7b49990a5f4ad1a5
(working but moved the wd15 ucm profile)

https://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Bug_Tracking pointed me to this
mailing list to submit this report. If this is the wrong place or there
is more information need could you let me know so I can send it to the
proper channels?

Best regards,

René Santing