[alsa-devel] Audio miniconference schedule

Takashi Sakamoto mocchi.sakamoto113 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:12:35 CEST 2018

Hi all,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:48:52 +0200,
> Mark Brown wrote:
>>
>> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
>> 21st in Edinburgh, meeting around 9am and getting started once enough
>> people have arrived (Cirrus people, please let me know if we need to
>> start later, some people have said they'll be arriving late so we won't
>> wait for everyone):
>>
>>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>>
>> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
>> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
>> agenda, this time revised following feedback last time:
>>
>>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>>   - AVB (Liam)
>>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - DSPs (Liam)
>>    - Sound Open Firmware (Liam)
>>    - Byte controls (Vinod/Patrick)
>>    - Calibration loading (Patrick)
>>    - Exposing graph at runtime (Patrick)
>>    - Batching commands (Patrick)
>>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)

Below items are detail of topics from me:
  * Integrating the ALSA control core
   * Obsolete 'dimen' member in container for information to an element
   * Remove limitation on a container for value array to an element
   * User-defined element set left by finished process
   * Expand restriction to the number of user-defined control element set
     per sound card
  * Another approach to produce language bindings by GObject Introspection.

You can see the resource here (WIP):
https://github.com/takaswie/presentations/blob/topic/20181021/20181021/contents.md

Several hours later I leave to Edinburgh. See you later.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto