[alsa-devel] Microphone detected, but no output for all ASUS G751xx with ALC668 chipset

Håvard hovardslill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:56:06 CEST 2018

Hi!

Sorry it's my fault for not responding as I should have.

I originally had some problems getting the 4.19-rc kernel to work with
nvidia drivers, but thanks to your email I got it working.

So here is what I found:

Not setting model=alc668-headset changed nothing

Setting model=alc668-headset Still didn't work, but made it so my "Internal
microphone" in pavucontrol was plugged in, even though my headset is
plugged in. Normally (and without setting model=alc668-headset) it would
say "(unplugged)" when I had my microphone plugged in. And might be
irrelevant, but the microphone name went from "Microphone" to "Headset
microphone".

Could this be related to that my laptop has no combo headset port? I have
separate inputs/outputs for mic and sound, not all in one port.

I hope we can get a fix out soon!

-Håvard