[alsa-devel] Subwoofers aren't working on ALC298 (Lenovo Yoga C930 Laptop)

Jonathan Reeve jon.reeve at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:36:58 CET 2018

Hi Daniel,

I'm guessing I shouldn't assign this pin to LFE, then? And maybe
assign
it to "internal speaker (back)"? I'm at a loss for knowing what to
assign to what.

But this is all moot, since the real problem, it seems to me, is
that
clicking "apply now" or "install boot override" won't work on
NixOS.
The first issue is that `hdajackretask` apparently can't find my
copies
of `tee` and `mv`. I can run these programs just fine from a
shell, and
`which tee` shows their locations in NixOS:
`/run/current-system/sw/bin/tee`, but `hdajackretask` can't find
them,
for some reason, and `Apply now` fails. The second is that, even
if I
run run the /tmp script manually, nothing seems to change with my
system. I have a feeling `hdajackretask` needs to do something
beyond
what is in the `/tmp` script, and that it can't do that, since it
can't
find my system utilities.

Thanks for that link, though—there's some useful stuff in there.

Are there other ways of connecting unused pins that don't use
hdajackretask? Like a script I can run or a sequence of commands?

Best,

Jonathan