[alsa-devel] Controlling the Tascam FW-1884

Scott Bahling sbahling at suse.com
Fri Nov 16 18:37:36 CET 2018

Hi Takashi,

On Fri, 2018-11-02 at 21:05 +0900, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On 2018/11/02 18:26, Scott Bahling wrote:

> > I have tested and the patch above works as expected.
>
> Thanks for your check. I pushed the above patch into my remote branch.
>
> Well, soon, merge window for v4.20 (or v5.0) kernel will be closed, then
> we start working for next v4.21 (or v5.1) kernel. I have a plan to
> include changes required for the status and control message in this
> development period (not prepare yet) and the changes are the same in
> the remote branch. I'll add you to C.C list when posting patches for it.

Thanks!

> If you require more functionality, please inform it to me in this
> development period.

I have been testing the patches for a while now and they work without
issue. I'm also testing the libhinawa and hinawa-utils code in the
process. I haven't tested the channel level values from the isochronous
packets as I haven't a need for that so far. I see that the data
changes as expected, but I have not verified if the values are
accurate.

But my primary need was the control surface. Between what you already
had hinawa-utils and the kernel patches to pass the isochronous data to
userspace, I'm able to react on all input from the controls as well as
set the fader positions and light the LEDs. I will submit a pull
request to hinawa-utils for controlling the LEDs and Fader positions
for the FW-1884.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Scott