[alsa-devel] Dell new AIO platform

Hui Wang hui.wang at canonical.com
Wed Mar 7 09:42:25 CET 2018

This is the alsa-info.txt for the machine of zuma-p (the machine kailang
sent the patch for):

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/V4QgWWY5Nj/

And we have a similar bug with this one, but it is not for output, it is
for input. On one of Dell desktops, there is no internal microphone, the
only input devices are "Headphone Mic=0x1a" and "Headset Mic=0x19", so
the imux_pins[spec->gen.cur_mux[0]] is headphone mic or headset mic,
let us suppose it is headset mic, and we are unlucky that the auto-mute
is disabled, and then unplug a headset from the jack,  the audio is now
in  unplugged mode (alc_headset_mode_unplugged(codec);), then next time
we plug the headset into the jack, the "what-did-you-plug" dialogue will
pop up, we select headset-mic, since the imux_pins[spec->gen.cur_mux[0]]
is already the headset mic (not internal microphone since there is no
internal microphone on this machine), the alc_update_headset_mode() will
not be called and then alc_determine_headset_type(),
alc_headset_mode_ctia() and alc_headset_mode_omtp() will not be called,
as a result the headset mic can't record sound.

So far, I have no idea how to fix this problem. And the alsa-info.txt
for my machine is as below shown:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/SNMNjbRgnT/

Regards,
Hui.