[alsa-devel] The SPDIF light on the Eurocom Q6 (Clevo P95xER-series) is always on

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 02:54:09 CEST 2018

Hello Takashi,

Running amixer -c0 cset iface=mixer,name='IEC958 Playback Switch',index=16
off turns off the SPDIF light.

If I may ask, with this model, the primary sound card shows up as the
ALC1120:

cat /proc/asound/car*/co* |  grep Codec
Codec: Realtek ALC1220
Codec: Intel Kabylake HDMI
Codec: Nvidia GPU 83 HDMI/DP

Would a model override via:

options snd-hda-intel model={model_name}

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf using a model name from
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree/Documentation/sound/hd-audio/models.rst
be applied to work around the issue above?

Also, does turning off the SPDIF light as shown above disable SDPIF output?

Regards,

Dennis.