[alsa-devel] first and last audio sample timestamp

Subhashini Rao Beerisetty subhashbeerisetty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:00:10 CEST 2018

[ Please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed to the list]

Hi All,

Hello all,

I’m using aplay and arecord utilities for playback and capture. I need to
capture the timestamps for the first and last audio samples that arrive at
the driver level.

For this I’m capturing the CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW timestamp at the
.trigger(for playback & capture) callback in SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_START  case
– is it the correct timestamp for the first audio sample arrived at the
driver level?

Similarly does .trigger callbacks SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP gives the last
audio sample timestamp?