[alsa-devel] Slow SPI reads in ALSA causing mic recording error

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Jun 14 12:42:23 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 02:12:35AM -0700, noman pouigt wrote:

> I have also used high priority workqueues but that didn't
> help either. Wondering if I can get some pointers to debug this?
> also if there any alsa-utility which can simulate closely audio flinger?

You probably just need to ensure that you've got more than one period
so there's always one ready, increase min_periods or possibly make the
individual periods bigger.  It's normally going to be very hard to get
everything scheduled reliably if there's no margin for error, ensuring
there's some grace in case things run over will tend to be more robust.