[alsa-devel] handling voice calls in ALSA soc (on Droid 4)

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Jun 12 14:18:03 CEST 2018

Hi!

Sebastian, would you have pointer to original Motorola sources you
used for inspiration?

> > With setup like that, how does userland tell kernel that the baseband
> > <-> microphone/speaker connection should be activated?
>
> Audio routing should be done as normal, and ideally the driver for the
> modem will be able to figure out if there's an active call or not.  If
> userspace has to enable the input and output manually then you can set
> up SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH()es as normal.

Modem talks AT commands, so the driver is in userspace for now.

I tried SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH(), but it results in alsamixer oopsing, I
guess I'm doing something wrong.

Message from syslogd at devuan at Jun 12 13:51:31 ...
 kernel:[  743.678588] BUG: spinlock bad magic on CPU#1,
 alsamixer/2217

Message from syslogd at devuan at Jun 12 13:51:31 ...
 kernel:[  743.684417]  lock: 0xede423a0, .magic: eee2a6a4, .owner:
 <none>/-1, .owner_cpu: -287136604

I'm trying to understand how it is supposed to work, but
https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/DAPM has TODO's at
critical places. If there's better source of information, let me know.

Best regards,
									Pavel