[alsa-devel] How to add new sound card with ASoC generic driver

Riccardo Casagrande riccardo.casagrande at multiconn.it
Mon Jul 9 12:29:28 CEST 2018

Hello,

I'm new to ALSA and linux in general, I need help from who knows well ALSA due to the tight schedule of the project.
I'm working on a Yocto project on NXP i.MX6Quad.
The hardware architetture is this:
the i.MAX6Quad has 6 output connected to 3 ST FDA2100 and 2 input from ADC.
In the first step what I need is simply to enable 6 output and  send I2S audio to FDAs. In the second step is required a clock for ADC and enable input ports.
I spent days/weeks reading docs, examples etc without success.
I understood that working on device tree file and setting a simple audio card with generic codec properly is the answer, but my knowledge is almost nothing.

I followed these docs/thread

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/simple-card.txt

https://community.nxp.com/thread/475428

but compiling I have syntax errors on device tree file.

There is someone who can help me step by step?

Thanks in advance
Riccardo