[alsa-devel] Hiding some of the controls defined in codec driver from machine driver context

Giedrius Trainavičius giedrius.trainavicius at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 10:13:55 CEST 2018

Hello,

Is it possible to 'hide' some of the controls of the codec in the machine
driver? The codec I'm using exposes many advanced controls which are useful
for board developers, but not for the end user, so I'd like to define my
own 'simplified' controls, and take care of board specific logic internally
in the machine driver.

I found this old discussion on the topic:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg36386.html - I'm targeting
kernel 4.14, maybe there's already some means to achieve this?

Thank you!
Giedrius.