[alsa-devel] Can't detect "XRUNs"

Raphaël Dingé raphael.dinge at ohmforce.com
Wed Jul 4 18:06:57 CEST 2018

>> But no other events are generated.
>
> It means that it's no system-wide XRUN handling.

Not sure what this means. Maybe something is misconfigured on my side?

> Which hardware?  If it's Intel LPE HDMI thing, -EPIPE report doesn't
> mean always an XRUN, but may imply just an unconnected device.

I've tested your patch on Audio over HDMI. Not sure if LPE thing, but
I can look into the details.

However the hardware i'm interested in is an Audio USB device, this
model to be more precise :
https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer

For now I can't make sure that all the audio is correct on this latter
device, because I need to setup 4 I2S converters, I can only use my
oscilloscope for now. That's why I'm sometimes using HDMI, to check
the sound as I make changes.

Since I applied your patch, I only tried with HDMI, but I could give a
shot to the Audio USB Device just to make sure. What do you think?

Thanks,

Raphael