[alsa-devel] ASoC: Failed to create component debugfs directory

Srinivas Kandagatla srinivas.kandagatla at linaro.org
Tue Feb 20 19:37:19 CET 2018

On 19/02/18 18:49, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On linux-next I see the following errors on imx6 wandboard:
>
> [    3.040897] fsl-ssi-dai 2028000.ssi: ASoC: Failed to create
> component debugfs directory
> [    3.065722] fsl-spdif-dai 2004000.spdif: ASoC: Failed to create
> component debugfs directory
>
> I haven't started debugging this yet and not sure if this is something
> fsl driver specific.
>
> Any ideas?

I hit something similar while testing some of the qcom sound card.

This patch fixed the issue for me:

https://git.linaro.org/people/srinivas.kandagatla/linux.git/commit/?h=v4.16-rc1-dsp-audio-v3&id=b91fa95c38912dd8a9f56ebdb9b59449252798ef

Its basically to do with nested device tree nodes, the device name seems
to exceed the NAME_SIZE of 32 bytes.

thanks,
srini