[alsa-devel] Problem with microphone of ALC3236

Tobias Bora tobias.bora at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 15:23:34 CET 2018

Hello,

I've been having lot's of troubles with the microphones with my ALC3236
sound card. By default (tested on ubuntu, fedora, and currently on
debian sid) the internal microphone stops working when the mic boost is
enabled (via alsamixer or when you set the sound to more than something
like 30% on pulseaudio). After reading this discution
<http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-April/091325.html>
that was talking about a problem very similar to mine, I tried to change
the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf into

options snd-hda-intel model=,dell-headset-multi

(I also tried lot's of other models)

But none of them is really working. Or only the internal microphone is
working and I can't use headsets, or only the headsets are usable and
not the internal microphone, or sometimes neigther work... Do you have a
solution for that? I'm pretty sure that it's a problem of "bad pin
assignment", but I'm not an expert at all ^^

You can find here <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTbVfRXMJ2I> someone
that has a similar bug on Mac and that manage to solve it using strange
tricks involving pin configuration,

Do you know how I could finally get a working microphone ?

Thank you!