[alsa-devel] Sound card init

Jean Manuel JACINTO jjacinto at free.fr
Tue Dec 11 14:58:18 CET 2018

Hello alsa team.
I'm not sure to write at the right place, so please apologize if i'm being off-topic.
I'm using a supposedly  standard-compliant soundcard with alsa on linux, and playback is going very fine without issue on the 4 channels.

However, inputs are not behaving well. Captured sound is 'choppy' (like small high pitched discontinuous chunks).
After many tries i figured a workaround : if i plug the card to a windows pc, even without using it, it will then capture perfectly from the linux station.

So i suppose the windows driver is doing some initialization. Possibly setting a latency value (i'm supposing that because this value is selectable from the driver tray icon)

As some experts might be on this list, i wanted to ask if you know a way to 'sniff' how the win driver is doing the init. So id be able to replay it with alsactl or custom code ?

Thanks, and sorry again if i'm asking in the wrong place.

Regards,
JM