[alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 2018 Linux Audio miniconference

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Aug 16 18:02:33 CEST 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:06:56PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> As in previous years we're trying to organize an audio miniconference so
> we can get together and talk through issues, especially design decisons,
> face to face.  This year's event will be held on Sunday October 21st in
> Edinburgh, the day before ELC Europe starts there.  We're still
> finalizing the venue (we expect to be able to confirm next week) but
> it'll be outside the ELC venue so there will be no need to purchase an
> ELC ticket to attend.

I am pleased to be able to confirm that Cirrus Logic have generously
offered to host this at their offices in Edinburgh:

	7B Nightingale Way
	Quartermile
	Edinburgh
	EH3 9EG

(this is very central, quite near the ELC/Open Source Summit venue.)

> As with previous years let's pull together an agenda through a mailing
> list discussion - if people could reply to this mail with any topics
> they'd like to discuss we can take it from there.  Of course if we can
> sort things out more quickly via the mailing list that's even better!

Not much discussion yet - one topic I think there's some useful
discussion to be had about is DSPs, we've got the recent Intel work with
Sound Open Firmware opening things up there and potentially being able
to offload work from the userspace sound servers.