[alsa-devel] rt5645 Jack detect code on an Asus T100HA not being able to distinguish between headphones vs headset ?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 16:19:24 CEST 2018

Hi Bard,

I'm having some trouble with the rt5645.c codec code not
being able to distinguish between headphones vs headset
on an Asus T100HA laptop. It recognizes everything as
headphones.  This statement in the jack-detect code:

                 dev_dbg(component->dev, "val = %d\n", val);

Always prints 4 for the value, no matter what I plug in.

Also the headset microphone input does not work, not
even if I select it manually.

The ACPI id for the device is 10EC3270, and I opened the
tablet and the marking on the codec says: ALC3270,
so I guess we may need some special handling for the
jack-detect (and headset microphone input) on this
variant, can you help?

I checked and the jack connector does seem to be of
the TRRS type.

Regards,

Hans