[alsa-devel] ASoC: writing basic custom codecs?

Albin Stigö albin.stigo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:55:51 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have implemented a custom i2s codec on an FPGA. Because of how the
FPGA is clocked I'm getting samples at 39ksps, which to my surprise
worked great after some simple kernel patching (the codec is bit &
frame master).

For experimentation I used the snd-soc-dummy coded defined in
soc-utils.c. Now I'm trying to write a very simple codec to "lock" the
rate to 39000:

https://github.com/ast/vfzfpga-codec

The driver loads just fine but I just get "not registered" when I try
to use the codec. I feel I'm missing something very obvious here. I've
been through the documentation and tried to read the sources but I'm a
bit stuck.. What am I missing?

--Albin