[alsa-devel] [BUG] aplay doesn't honor `-t raw` when WAVE header is detected on input

Nutchanon Wetchasit Nutchanon.Wetchasit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:36:41 CEST 2017

> Try the git version of alsa-utils.  This issue should have been
> already addressed along with the code refactoring.
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

Yes, using current Git version fixed the problem. Thank you!

Though, this version doesn't build out of the box on my machine;
it failed in `autoheader` preprocessing step, which needs a manual edit
in `configure.ac` to work around:

configure.ac:422: error: `po/Makefile.in' is already registered with
AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:288: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.ac:422: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: '/usr/bin/autom4te' failed with exit status: 1

The problem seems to be the `po/Makefile.in` argument being added into
parameter list of `AC_OUTPUT()` macro call in `configure.ac` for *two times*
(instead of just once) by some step in preprocessing before `autoheader`
invocation- probably the `gettextize`.

The workaround in my case is removing an extraneous second instance
of "po/Makefile.in" in `configure.ac` before running `autoheader`
and the rest of preprocessing procedure. (I'm using the manual preprocessing
steps listed in "Compilation from git sources" section of the `INSTALL` file)

I will open a separate thread to report once I collected more information.

Regards,
Nutchanon Wetchasit

alsa-utils: v1.1.4-9-gf72a296 (git 26-Sep-2017)
libasound: 1.1.4 (source distribution)
autoconf: 2.69 (debian)
automake: 1.11.6 (debian)
gettext: 0.18.1 (debian)
System: Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 "Wheezy" i386