[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_ioplug_avail_update() confusion

Rob Duncan rduncan at tesla.com
Wed Oct 18 08:03:57 CEST 2017

I'm working on an external IO plugin based on ioplug and I'm confused
about the behavior of snd_pcm_ioplug_avail_update().  Specifically this
call (src/pcm/pcm_ioplug.c:657):

    result = io->data->callback->transfer(io->data, areas, offset, size);

Why isn't there a subsequent call to snd_pcm_mmap_appl_forward() like
there is in ioplug_priv_transfer_areas()?  It seems that without such a
call the captured data will be lost, or have I missed something?

Thanks,

Rob.