[alsa-devel] ALSA: Soc_compress open file node allows more than once

b_lkasam at codeaurora.org b_lkasam at codeaurora.org
Thu Nov 23 14:18:30 CET 2017

Hi ALSA team,
This is regarding compress offload framework file operations wrt open
system call.

For open call to this driver currently allows for same node more than
once.

This may result in memleak issues or data corruption if same node in use
by multiple instances.

can we have restriction to avoid open of same node using some refcount?

we can either have refcount under compr->private_data and cross check in
below function before proceeding.
static int snd_compr_open(struct inode *inode, struct file *f)

Please suggest accordingly.

Thanks
Laxminath Kasam,
Qualcomm.