[alsa-devel] [alsa-lib] bug in USB-Audio.conf

Alexander Tsoy alexander at tsoy.me
Wed May 24 12:49:57 CEST 2017

Hello!

I've noticed that there is a bug in USB-Audio.conf. "USB-
Audio.pcm.default" doesn't allow custom "default" definitions, but
there is one:

USB-Audio."Audiophile USB (tm)".pcm.default

Moreover there is a typo in this definition in dsnoop args: DEVICE=1 ->
DEV=1. So what is the best course of action here? We can fix USB-
Audio.conf (I have a working patch that I've tested with another card)
or given that Audiophile USB is likely already in a semi-broken state
for a long time, may be it is better to remove the exclusion in the
driver [1] and remove all definitions for this card from USB-
Audio.conf?

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/
commit/?id=5ee20bc792467d7d612157e0a9962765aa943b08

--
Alexander Tsoy <alexander at tsoy.me>